Dr. Carey Nease is a board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon as well as a cosmetic surgeon and head and neck surgeon. He specializes in aesthetic facial rejuvenation and reconstruction, liposuction, cosmetic breast surgery and other forms of cosmetic surgery. Dr. Nease joined the New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts team in 2019 and is a valuable addition to our New York boutique practice as our rhinoplasty specialist.
He has extensive experience in the plastics field and has earned a reputation for dedication to his patients and furthering his education and training. Dr. Nease a program director of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery’s post-graduate cosmetic surgery fellowship training program and immediate past-President of the American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery.
Education & Training
Dr. Nease earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1998 from the University of Florida College of Medicine, after which he went on to study otolaryngology, head and neck surgery at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center. He then completed a 12-month sponsored fellowship program through the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, of which he is now on the Board of Trustees and the Treasurer.
Our Rhinoplasty Specialist’s full education includes:
- Fellowship – Cosmetic and Facial Plastic Surgery, 2006-2007
- English Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center, Little Rock, Arkansas
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery sponsored fellowship training program; 12 months dedicated exclusively to cosmetic surgery of the face and body; performed over 700 major procedures as surgeon or co-surgeon.
- Residency – Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, 1999-2003—University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
- Internship – General Surgery, 1998-1999—University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
- Medical School – Doctor of Medicine degree achieved, 1994-1998—University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science – Zoology, 1990-1994—the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
He has been a practising physician since 2003, and his experience and training include:
- “I have performed more than 10,000 general cosmetic & facial plastic surgery cases in the last 15 years while in private practice.
- My surgery satisfaction rate is above 98% based on satisfaction forms at follow up visits, revealing a consistently positive response over the years. The surveys are conducted in accordance with AAAHC accreditation standards.
- I have surgical scheduling and admitting privileges at 3 hospitals and a local ambulatory surgery center.”
Publications & Accomplishments
Dr. Nease has compiled an extensive list of accomplishments ranging from notable publications to lectures and presentations for peer physicians across the country. These include:
- “VASER assisted Rhytidectomy,” AACS annual meeting, Las Vegas, NV February 2, 2018.
- “Brachioplasty technique for optimal results and minimal complications,” Surge, September 2014.
- Clinical Instructor, AACS Cadaver Dissection course on advanced body sculpting, April 2013, St Louis, MO; lecture topics included liposuction technology, brachioplasty, and breast reduction.
- “The Laser-Assisted Face Lift,” presentation at the AACS Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, January 2013.
- “Adjunctive Techniques in Contemporary Rhytidectomy,” chapter in Clinics in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, February 2014.
- “Septoplasty in Cosmetic Rhinoplasty,” chapter in Clinics in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, spring 2012.
- “Liposuction- Techniques and Technology,” presentation at the AACS Cadaver Dissection Course, faculty as a lab instructor and speaker, St. Louis, MO, June 2012.
- “The Avelar-Type Brachioplasty,” presentation at the AACS Spring Symposium on Body Contouring, Beaver Creek, CO, March 2012.
- “The Staple Shape Breast Lift,” presentation at the Fall Symposium of Cosmetic Surgery in Kona, Hawaii, September 2011.
- “The Dual Laser, Incision Free Face Lift,” clinical trial at Southern Surgical Arts cosmetic surgery center, C. Nease, MD, and V. Gardner, MD, November 2009-present. Submitted for publication to the AJCS Aug. 2012.
- “ External Ultrasound in Abdominal Liposuction: A Report of Our Experience,” J. English, MD and C. Nease, MD, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, June 2009.
- “Radiofrequency Treatment for Inferior Turbinate Reduction,” G. Krempl, MD and C. Nease, MD, Journal of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, June 2004.
- Lectures and Presentations to peers across the country in from 2008-2013 at the annual American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery meeting where I have discussed my research and experience with the use of external ultrasound in abdominal liposuction and the 1064 and 1320 nm lasers for lipolysis in conjunction with tumescent liposuction. Other presentations as listed above.
- Lectures quarterly to peer physicians and surgeons in the SE United States for Cynosure Corp. on the benefits of laser applications in the cosmetic industry, including Laser lipolysis, body contouring, Laser skin resurfacing and facial rejuvenation.
Cosmetic Surgery Memberships & Certifications
Maintaining memberships and positions within cosmetic surgery organizations is an integral part of being a board-certified cosmetic surgeon. Dr. Nease is driven to not only stay up to date on new techniques and technologies but to research these emerging options to ensure our Manhattan and Brooklyn patients have the best care and satisfaction with results.
Dr. Nease holds positions, memberships, and certifications in these institutions:
- Immediate Past-President, American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Secretary, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member, Tennessee Medical Association and Hamilton County Medical Society
- Fellowship Director, General Cosmetic Surgery, 12-month training program sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Editorial Reviewer, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery
- Chairman of the Oral Exam Committee for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery’s annual exam, Dallas, TX 2017-2018
- Co-chairman of the AACS Fall Symposium of Cosmetic Surgery, Kona, Hawaii, September 2011
- Session director, facial cosmetic surgery, AACS annual meeting, San Diego, CA, February 2017
- Session Director, facial plastic surgery, AACS yearly meeting, Las Vegas, NV February 2018
Schedule Your Rhinoplasty Consultation with Dr. Nease in Manhattan or Brooklyn
If you’re interested in rhinoplasty or another facial cosmetic surgery, please contact Dr. Nease at New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgery Arts in Manhattan at (646) 559-2854 or Brooklyn at (347) 599-0091 to schedule your one-on-one consultation. Our cosmetic surgeons serve patients in surrounding areas of New York City.Next Page »
Injectable cosmetic treatments are a great way to rejuvenate your appearance. BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers can target most facial concerns such as sunken cheeks, deep lines and wrinkles, and thin lips. Learn more about the benefits of each type of injectable in the infographic below.
If you’re interested in one of the injectables listed above or have questions, please contact our cosmetic surgeons at New Look New Life Surgical Arts in Manhattan today at (646) 559-2854 or Brooklyn at (347) 599-0091. We provide cosmetic surgery and non-surgical treatments to patients in surrounding areas of New York City.
Next Page »
If you feel like your appearance could use a volumizing boost, then you’re not alone. Every year, millions of injectable filler treatments are given in the U.S. to rejuvenate and revitalize aging features. They are extremely effective at providing high-quality results to correct under-eye and lip concerns with quick treatments and little to no downtime. Now you can look your best without having to take time away from more important things in life. More »
New Look New Life’s very own Dr. Victory Karlinsky discusses post weight loss skin tightening and body contouring surgery on Megyn Kelly Today.More » Next Page »
An interview with Dr. Victoria Karlinsky about the “Whole Face Approach” at New Look New LifeMore » Next Page »
There are so many people today that struggle with loose or excess skin despite their best efforts to eat well and exercise regularly. New moms are stuck with extra skin around their abdomens; men and women begin to notice the skin on their face and neck begin to sag as they age; even the skin on the arms can become loose and refuse to bounce back. Have you ever wondered if there was another way to contour and tighten the skin? At New Look New Life, we don’t let our clients accept loose skin as a lost cause. Dr. Karlinsky and Dr. Vega offer SkinTyte II™ treatments to help tighten skin all around the body without any surgery.More » Next Page »
It’s time to laugh, smile, and cheer because Dr. Karlinsky and Dr. Vega have now introduced two new filler options for those pesky laugh lines! For those of you that have been waiting to see a filler that can help the more severe lines and wrinkles, the wait is over. Time to introduce Restylane® Refyne and Restylane® Defyne to New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts®! Both offer a solution for moderate to severe lines and wrinkles around the mouth.More » Next Page »
Dr. Karlinsky and Dr. Vega are always looking for the latest and greatest treatments to help their NYC patients achieve their best looks. When it comes to non-surgical procedures, we believe in proven, high-quality treatments that provide men and women with beautiful results and minimal downtime—allowing them to get back to their fast-paced New York lifestyles.
With our new JOULE™ platform by Sciton®, we’ve just added even more options to help you achieve your best look. Here are the four new ways New Look New Life can help you achieve your aesthetic goals with our latest laser and light treatments.
#1 Put an end to aging skin.
Lines, wrinkles, spots, and a dull complexion get even the best of us as we get older. It’s simply a natural effect of aging. Our skin loses essential substances like collagen and elastin, and begins to show the effects of sun damage and other factors. How does the JOULE platform help?
There are actually multiple treatments that can be personalized to treat your specific concerns and achieve your desired outcome. Halo™ is a dual fractional laser that can be fully customized for your skin needs, helping to treat common problems ranging from lines and wrinkles to acne scars. Forever Young BBL™ and Forever Clear BBL™ both use JOULE platform’s revolutionary BroadBand Light™ (BBL™) technology to rejuvenate the look of your skin, helping to treat problems such as a dull complexion or stubborn acne.
#2 Tighten loose skin on your face and body.
One of the most frustrating things that can happen with age is areas of loose, excess skin. Whether it’s the result of significant weight loss, pregnancy, or simply aging, loose skin is a problem that often will not go away on its own. When diet and exercise is not enough, SkinTyte II™ can help.
SkinTyte II uses advanced infrared light energy to heat the deep, underlying layers of your skin. This stimulates your body’s natural healing response, resulting in tighter, firmer skin. Without the need for incisions or injections, you will be back to your regular routine just minutes after your SkinTyte treatment at New Look New Life.
#3 Say goodbye to unwanted hair.
Waking up early every day to shave that unwanted face or body hair is the enemy of many men and women. With the painful ripping and pulling, waxing is no better an option. What’s worse is the hair just keeps coming back. Forever Bare BBL™ gives men and women a new way to reduce unwanted face and body hair with long-lasting results. Using the same BBL technology as Forever Young BBL and Forever Clear BBL, Forever Bare BBL is able to target specific areas of unwanted hair and achieve soft, bare skin with personalized treatment sessions at our NYC practice. The hair follicles are destroyed safer, faster, and more comfortable than other laser hair removal treatments—many even compare it to a hot stone massage.
#4 Rejuvenate your most intimate of areas.
It’s not something that is casually talked about or brought up in regular conversation, but the truth is, many women struggle with the same issue—changes to the vaginal area as they get older. Pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause all can leave you feeling much different than you did just years before.
diVa™ is a new laser treatment that helps address the various vaginal concerns women experience as they get older. This laser vaginal rejuvenation treatment can help with vaginal looseness or dryness, and often has women feeling more confident with their partners. diVa can also help with medical concerns such as stress urinary incontinence (SUI), vulvovaginal atrophy, and painful sex (dyspareunia).
With diVa treatments lasting just 3-5 minutes, you can get back to feeling like your sexy and confident self without having to put your life on hold.Next Page »
Damaged skin comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and severities. However, one thing many people with skin damage deal with is the dreaded summer months when it’s too hot to wear heavy makeup or even forced to go makeup-free at the beach or pool!
Dr. Karlinsky and Dr. Vega don’t want any of their New York City clients to fear the summer months, and for that reason Haloä Laser Treatments are now available to help treat damage and rejuvenate the skin. Dr. Karlinsky, Dr. Vega, and the team at New Look New Life are here to educate you on skin damage and how Halo laser treatments can get your skin summer ready with little to no downtime.More » Next Page »
Next Page »
Lips are in! And while highly enviable, most are not blessed with a naturally voluptuous pout. Increasingly, women are seeking out cosmetic enhancement to achieve fuller lips. Although excited by the prospect of a shapely pucker, many women remain hesitant in fear of unnatural looking results.