Mommy Makeover in New York, NY
While many women desire the experience of pregnancy and childbirth, each can cause unwanted changes to their bodies, including expansion of the abdomen, swelling of the breasts, stretch marks, and stubborn pockets of fat that can remain even after a faithful exercise and diet regimen. Breastfeeding also adds to deflated-appearing or misshapen breasts, decreasing self-esteem and confidence.
What Are the Benefits of a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeover surgery is performed on women to:
- Restore youthful contours
- Repair weakened abdominal muscles
- Tighten and smooth the midsection
- Remove stubborn abdominal fat
- Elevate the breasts
- Restore breast volume
- Improve breast symmetry
- Enhance body confidence
- Increase clothing options
Am I a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Women consider Mommy Makeover surgery to restore their pre-pregnancy figures, enhance their curves after childbirth, and improve their silhouette. Women interested in Mommy Makeover surgery should be in good overall health, have realistic expectations of their results, and not smoke. Mothers should also be finished breastfeeding and not be planning future pregnancies.
Mommy Makeover surgeries are also beneficial for women who have lost a significant amount of weight and have similar concerns as those who are post-pregnancy.
If you are considering breast augmentation in your Mommy Makeover and are over 35 or have a family history of breast cancer, you may be asked to undergo a preliminary mammogram.
What Is Discussed During My Mommy Makeover Consultation?
Consulting with a board-certified cosmetic surgeon is essential to a successful Mommy Makeover. During your meeting, your surgeon will:
- Discuss your goals for the procedure
- Review your medical history
- Take your measurements and photos
- Determine the procedures needed to achieve the desired results
- Explain your surgical options (including implant choices for breast augmentation patients)
- Develop a surgical plan
- Provide you with an accurate estimate of the cost
If you think you may be a candidate for Mommy Makeover surgery, contact New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts by calling (646) 559-2854.
How Can I Personalize My Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeover surgery is performed at our Manhattan surgical center under general anesthesia for your comfort and safety.
While every Mommy Makeover is unique, this surgery takes several hours and requires you to arrange for someone to get you to and from our surgical center and stay with you for the first 24 to 48 hours of your recovery.
Your Mommy Makeover will include two or more of the following procedures.
What Is a Breast Lift?
Breast lift surgery addresses breast ptosis (sagging) by tightening the glandular tissue and removing excess skin. This treatment elevates the breasts and restores youthful perkiness and shape.
Your breast lift will consist of one of the following incisions:
- Periareolar: Around the areola
- Lollipop: Around the areola and vertically down the lower pole to the breast crease
- Anchor: Around the areola, vertically down the lower pole, and across the breast crease (inframammary fold)
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery restores volume to deflated breasts or adds volume to naturally small breasts. This is achieved by inserting breast implants through incisions made around the areola, along the breast crease, or in the armpit.
Your breast implant options include:
- Saline: Available in smooth or textured surfaces, these implants provide a more augmented, rounder breast appearance.
- Silicone: Available in smooth or textured surfaces and round or anatomical shapes, these implants offer a more natural look and feel.
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery restores tight and smooth abdominal contours by removing abdominal skin and fat. This procedure also corrects weakened or separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) to restore aesthetics, comfort, and abdominal strength.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction surgery removes unwanted pockets of fat from the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, and any other location that developed fatty deposits following pregnancy and childbirth. This treatment is performed by inserting hollow tubes through small incisions to remove unwanted fat cells.
What Is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
The Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) enhances butt fullness and roundness by injecting the fat that was removed with liposuction into various areas and depths of the buttocks. This fat transfer procedure allows women to restore voluptuous curves after having children.
Sexual Wellness Procedures
Pregnancy, childbirth, and aging can also take a toll on the parts of your body that aren’t visible to most people but significantly impact your confidence and comfort.
New Look New Life offers advanced feminine health treatments that you might consider adding to your Mommy Makeover, such as:
- Labiaplasty surgery – A labiaplasty recontours a large or stretched-out labia (outer lips of the vagina) for a more compact appearance. This procedure can also reduce discomfort and chafing when walking or during exercise.
- Vaginoplasty surgery – A vaginoplasty strengthens the inner walls of the vagina for increased pleasure and better urinary control.
- Clitoral hood reduction surgery – A clitoral hood reduction removes excess tissue that can be aesthetically undesirable and increase sensation.
- Perineoplasty surgery – A perineoplasty repairs a perineum torn or cut during childbirth and tightens the vaginal opening to restore sensitivity in women with vaginal laxity.
- Hymenoplasty surgery – A hymenoplasty restores a torn hymen in women with religious, cultural, or psychological concerns. It will also tighten the vaginal opening and cause bleeding when penetrated.
- Episiotomy revision – A revision of an episiotomy can correct a poorly healed episiotomy that is causing pain or discomfort.
- Vaginal relaxation treatment – Vaginal relaxation treats spasms (vaginismus) that occur in women and often prevent penetration.
What Are Your Concerns?
What Will My Mommy Makeover Recovery Be Like?
You can expect bruising, swelling, tenderness, and numbness at your incision sites. Compression garments may be wrapped around your treated areas to promote blood circulation, reduce swelling, protect the incisions, and facilitate healing.
Women who have undergone Mommy Makeover surgery need to rest comfortably during their recovery but should frequently get on their feet for leisurely walks. Patients must refrain from strenuous activity and exercise (including lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling anything over 10 pounds) for at least six weeks.
Our board-certified cosmetic surgeons provide their cell phone numbers to our Mommy Makeover patients so they can be reached anytime during recovery.
Is a Mommy Makeover Painful?
Mommy Makeover surgery is performed under general anesthesia to prevent pain during and immediately after the procedure. You can expect to develop some discomfort following your Mommy Makeover once the anesthesia leaves your system. This discomfort can be alleviated with prescribed or over-the-counter pain medication and rest.
You will be provided with specific pain management instructions tailored to the procedures in your Mommy Makeover.
Will My Mommy Makeover Leave Scars?
Mommy Makeover surgery requires multiple incisions in various regions of the body. While our surgeons place these incisions in easy-to-conceal locations, they will result in some degree of post-operative scarring.
Scarring will fade with time and can be further lightened with topical scar creams and silicone strips or gel. You should keep all healing incisions out of the sun to prevent the darkening of the scars.
What Does a Mommy Makeover Cost in New York?
Mommy Makeover surgery is an extensive combination procedure that requires multiple techniques. Because this surgery is personalized to you, it is impossible to estimate the price of your Mommy Makeover until your consultation, when your board-certified cosmetic surgeon will evaluate your needs and create a customized plan.
We offer financing options through CareCredit® to assist you in paying for your Mommy Makeover in New York.
Mommy Makeover FAQ
How should I prepare for my Mommy Makeover?
Proper preparation is essential to a smooth treatment and recovery process. For your safety, you must stop smoking and stop taking blood-thinning medications (including aspirin, ibuprofen, and some herbal supplements) for at least two weeks before and after your surgery. You should also arrange transportation to and from your procedure and childcare during your recovery.
Can I get pregnant after having a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeover surgery repairs the tissues that were damaged by pregnancy and childbirth. While this surgery will not prevent you from getting pregnant or impact your child’s health, becoming pregnant will change (and maybe reverse) your results. This is why we recommend waiting to undergo this cosmetic surgery until after you are finished having children.
What if I undergo a Mommy Makeover with young children at home?
During your recovery, you must not lift anything over 10 pounds for the first six weeks. This may make childcare difficult if you have toddlers or young children at home. You must rely on a strong support system during this time to help with your children’s needs as well as all day-to-day household chores.
What are the risks associated with a Mommy Makeover?
The board-certified cosmetic surgeons at New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts have over a decade of experience performing breast and body enhancement procedures, and they have helped many women achieve desirable results and the return of body contours.
While complications of Mommy Makeover surgery at New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts are rare, they are possible. These complications include:
- Negative reactions to the anesthesia
- Blood clots
- Prolonged wound healing
- Implant complications, such as capsular contracture, rupture, or displacement
When can I return to work after my Mommy Makeover?
Women should take at least two weeks off from work following their Mommy Makeover. Women with particularly strenuous jobs or those whose jobs require them to be on their feet all day may require additional time.
Can I breastfeed after a Mommy Makeover?
The ability to breastfeed after cosmetic breast surgery varies from woman to woman and type of procedure. While breast enhancement surgery (breast lift or breast augmentation) can impact your ability to breastfeed, this isn’t always the case. The specific surgery, techniques used, and your ability to heal all affect breastfeeding capability.
If you think an additional pregnancy may occur after Mommy Makeover surgery and are concerned about your ability to breastfeed, share this concern with our surgeon during your consultation.