Step Out Into the City This Summer Looking Fit and Fabulous: Body Contouring for Every Shape
Posted March 30, 2022 in Body Contouring
3 Minute Read:
With spring approaching, now is the time to start thinking about how you want your summer body to look.
Whether you are going to stay in the city or are planning a vacation after two years of staying put, this is the ideal time to address any stubborn areas of fat on your body.
Whether you are looking for a minor lift here and there or a complete makeover, body contouring can tighten your contours and lift your spirits.
What Are Your Body Contouring Options?
No two bodies are exactly the same, and we can carry weight in a number of ways.
Some individuals struggle with their abdominal area; others might have trouble with their thighs. Because of this, there is no set treatment plan regarding body sculpting.
The following procedures are available to tackle pretty much any areas of your body you are concerned with.
- A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) – Performed under general anesthesia, this procedure helps remove excess fat and skin from the midsection. The abdominal muscles are tightened, and the navel is recontoured if necessary.
- A mini tummy tuck – Performed under local anesthesia, the mini tummy tuck focuses on the lower abdomen (below the belly button) and is best for those with less excess abdominal fat and skin.
- Liposuction surgery – This procedure can be used to help recontour the abs, back, buttocks, arms, thighs, and more. A solution is injected into the area to soften up the adipose tissue (fat) in the targeted area(s), then a thin tube (cannula) is inserted to vacuum out the loosened fat.
Liposuction is often added to a tummy tuck to remove stubborn pockets of adipose tissue.
- A body lift – This comprehensive procedure solves the problem of extraneous skin and fat for those who have lost large amounts of weight, which is typical in people who have undergone bariatric or gastric bypass surgery.
The excess skin and residual fat around the abdomen, back, buttocks, and thighs are surgically removed through discreet incisions.
- A thigh lift – Cosmetic thigh lift surgery (thighplasty) was designed to address sagging or loose skin on the thighs and knees by removing excess skin and is combined with liposuction to reduce fat pockets in the thighs.
- An arm lift (brachioplasty) – Like the thigh lift, this procedure uses liposuction technology to remove stubborn fat and precise surgical techniques to remove excess upper arm skin.
- A Brazilian Butt Lift – This popular procedure is for women (and men) who feel their backside is too flat and want more junk in the trunk, so to speak. This is a fat grafting procedure, meaning that fat is taken from elsewhere and injected into the buttocks.
Choose the Body Contouring Procedure That’s Right for You
While you can choose one of the above procedures, you can also combine two or more procedures for an even more dramatic result!
A Mommy Makeover is a combination procedure that is customizable and designed for mothers who want to restore their pre-pregnancy body. Moms can choose from any of the above procedures (typically liposuction or a tummy tuck) as well as:
- Breast augmentation (breast implants) – To enhance breast size and shape.
- Breast lift – to remove excess skin and reposition the nipple if necessary.
An in-depth consultation with a board-certified cosmetic surgeon is the best way to determine exactly what to expect when choosing one or more cosmetic procedures.