Finalize Your Transformation: Lifting and Tightening After Weight Loss
Posted April 15, 2022 in Body Surgery
4 Minute Read:
Losing a substantial amount of weight is something to be proud of. Maybe you underwent bariatric or gastric bypass surgery, or maybe you dedicated yourself to eating better and exercising consistently.
Either way, one of the first things you want to do after your weight loss is show off your stunning results! We see how our favorite celebrities lose insane amounts of weight and look fantastic afterwards.
But for many people, losing weight is only the first step in total body transformation.
After significant weight loss, loose skin can make men and women feel self-conscious and embarrassed about their appearance — and it camouflages the weight-loss you worked so hard to achieve.
While this excess skin can cause many people to cover their bodies up with baggy clothing or keep them away from other people, isn’t participating in life one of the reasons for losing weight in the first place?!
What Can You Do About the Extra Skin?
The good news is that cosmetic surgery can finalize your transformation so that you can look as good as you feel.
After your body sculpting procedures, you’ll be able to show off your body at the beach, pool, or just out on the street.
At New Look New Life in New York, we offer several body contouring procedures and combinations that can help give you the finalized appearance that you’re looking for after your weight loss.
Whether it be a specific, localized area that you are looking to tighten and lift or you struggle with loose skin over the majority of your body, there is a procedure that can help you achieve the look you desire.
Below is some information to help you better understand your available options.
Highlight your weight-loss transformation with body contouring treatments today. Reach out to New Look New Life to learn more.
What Body Sculpting Procedures Are Available?
- Arm Lift
Following their weight loss, many men and women have excess sagging skin on the underside of their upper arms. This sagging skin is often referred to as “bat wings.” Arm lift surgery (brachioplasty) helps tighten the skin on the upper arm to give your arms a sleeker, more defined appearance.
See more transformations by visiting our arm lift before and after gallery.
- For this procedure, an incision is made lengthwise from the elbow to the armpit.
- Liposuction may be used to remove any stubborn fat still in the area.
- The underlying tissue will be tightened and repositioned with internal sutures.
- Excess skin will be removed, and the remaining skin will be tightened.
- Lastly, the incisions will be closed.
- Thigh Lift
Similar to sagging skin on the upper arm, many people experience loose skin on their thighs after their weight loss.
Thigh lift surgery (thighplasty) helps remove excess and sagging skin from the upper portions of the inner legs so that you can have a more toned and fit appearance. After your thigh lift, you’ll be able to wear those shorts you’ve always wanted.
- For a thigh lift, incisions are made at the top of the leg, near the bikini line.
- Liposuction may be used to remove any remaining fatty tissue in the area.
- Excess skin will be removed and the skin will be tightened before the incisions are closed.
- Body Lift
Body lift surgery is perfect for men and women with loose and sagging skin on various places of the body. This procedure is ideal for patients who have lost extensive weight and want to enjoy a more transformed appearance.
This comprehensive cosmetic procedure addresses loose skin and stubborn fat on different places of your body, and the best part is that it is completely customizable to your needs. The most common areas addressed are the abdomen, buttocks, back, and thighs.
You can choose from either an upper body lift or a lower body lift to address your specific needs. An upper body lift usually includes:
- Breast lift surgery (mastopexy)
- Arm lift surgery
- Back lift surgery
A lower body lift usually includes:
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
- Thigh lift surgery
- Brazilian Butt Lift
To see more transformations, view our tummy tuck before and after gallery.
- Other Procedures
Liposuction helps to remove stubborn subcutaneous fat that doesn’t go away, no matter how healthy you eat or how much you exercise.
- For this procedure, small incisions are made in the treatment area.
- A cannula (a thin tube) is inserted through the incision.
- The fat is loosened by the cannula and is then vacuumed out of the body.
Another procedure that can be performed as part of a body lift or as a standalone procedure is a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).
This procedure uses fat grafting or fat transfer to help give you the fuller, more defined backside that you desire.
- For a BBL, fat is harvested from an area of your body (usually from the abdomen, hips, lower back, or thighs).
- This fat is processed and purified and then injected into your buttocks.
- After your Brazilian Butt Lift, you’ll be able to wear the clothes you’ve always wanted but never fit into, and you should feel more confident in your appearance.