Carey J. Nease, MD
Dr. Carey Nease is a board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon as well as a cosmetic surgeon and head and neck surgeon. He specializes in aesthetic facial rejuvenation and reconstruction, liposuction, cosmetic breast surgery and other forms of cosmetic surgery. Dr. Nease joined the New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts team in 2019 and is a valuable addition to our New York boutique practice as our rhinoplasty specialist.
He has extensive experience in the plastics field and has earned a reputation for dedication to his patients and furthering his education and training. Dr. Nease a program director of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery’s post-graduate cosmetic surgery fellowship training program and immediate past-President of the American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery.
Education & Training
Dr. Nease earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1998 from the University of Florida College of Medicine, after which he went on to study otolaryngology, head and neck surgery at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center. He then completed a 12-month sponsored fellowship program through the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, of which he is now on the Board of Trustees and the Treasurer.
Our Rhinoplasty Specialist’s full education includes:
- Fellowship – Cosmetic and Facial Plastic Surgery, 2006-2007
- English Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center, Little Rock, Arkansas
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery sponsored fellowship training program; 12 months dedicated exclusively to cosmetic surgery of the face and body; performed over 700 major procedures as surgeon or co-surgeon.
- Residency – Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, 1999-2003—University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
- Internship – General Surgery, 1998-1999—University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
- Medical School – Doctor of Medicine degree achieved, 1994-1998—University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science – Zoology, 1990-1994—the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
He has been a practising physician since 2003, and his experience and training include:
- “I have performed more than 10,000 general cosmetic & facial plastic surgery cases in the last 15 years while in private practice.
- My surgery satisfaction rate is above 98% based on satisfaction forms at follow up visits, revealing a consistently positive response over the years. The surveys are conducted in accordance with AAAHC accreditation standards.
- I have surgical scheduling and admitting privileges at 3 hospitals and a local ambulatory surgery center.”
Publications & Accomplishments
Dr. Nease has compiled an extensive list of accomplishments ranging from notable publications to lectures and presentations for peer physicians across the country. These include:
- “VASER assisted Rhytidectomy,” AACS annual meeting, Las Vegas, NV February 2, 2018.
- “Brachioplasty technique for optimal results and minimal complications,” Surge, September 2014.
- Clinical Instructor, AACS Cadaver Dissection course on advanced body sculpting, April 2013, St Louis, MO; lecture topics included liposuction technology, brachioplasty, and breast reduction.
- “The Laser-Assisted Face Lift,” presentation at the AACS Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, January 2013.
- “Adjunctive Techniques in Contemporary Rhytidectomy,” chapter in Clinics in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, February 2014.
- “Septoplasty in Cosmetic Rhinoplasty,” chapter in Clinics in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, spring 2012.
- “Liposuction- Techniques and Technology,” presentation at the AACS Cadaver Dissection Course, faculty as a lab instructor and speaker, St. Louis, MO, June 2012.
- “The Avelar-Type Brachioplasty,” presentation at the AACS Spring Symposium on Body Contouring, Beaver Creek, CO, March 2012.
- “The Staple Shape Breast Lift,” presentation at the Fall Symposium of Cosmetic Surgery in Kona, Hawaii, September 2011.
- “The Dual Laser, Incision Free Face Lift,” clinical trial at Southern Surgical Arts cosmetic surgery center, C. Nease, MD, and V. Gardner, MD, November 2009-present. Submitted for publication to the AJCS Aug. 2012.
- “ External Ultrasound in Abdominal Liposuction: A Report of Our Experience,” J. English, MD and C. Nease, MD, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, June 2009.
- “Radiofrequency Treatment for Inferior Turbinate Reduction,” G. Krempl, MD and C. Nease, MD, Journal of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, June 2004.
- Lectures and Presentations to peers across the country in from 2008-2013 at the annual American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery meeting where I have discussed my research and experience with the use of external ultrasound in abdominal liposuction and the 1064 and 1320 nm lasers for lipolysis in conjunction with tumescent liposuction. Other presentations as listed above.
- Lectures quarterly to peer physicians and surgeons in the SE United States for Cynosure Corp. on the benefits of laser applications in the cosmetic industry, including Laser lipolysis, body contouring, Laser skin resurfacing and facial rejuvenation.
Cosmetic Surgery Memberships & Certifications
Maintaining memberships and positions within cosmetic surgery organizations is an integral part of being a board-certified cosmetic surgeon. Dr. Nease is driven to not only stay up to date on new techniques and technologies but to research these emerging options to ensure our Manhattan and Brooklyn patients have the best care and satisfaction with results.
Dr. Nease holds positions, memberships, and certifications in these institutions:
- Immediate Past-President, American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Secretary, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member, Tennessee Medical Association and Hamilton County Medical Society
- Fellowship Director, General Cosmetic Surgery, 12-month training program sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Editorial Reviewer, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery
- Chairman of the Oral Exam Committee for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery’s annual exam, Dallas, TX 2017-2018
- Co-chairman of the AACS Fall Symposium of Cosmetic Surgery, Kona, Hawaii, September 2011
- Session director, facial cosmetic surgery, AACS annual meeting, San Diego, CA, February 2017
- Session Director, facial plastic surgery, AACS yearly meeting, Las Vegas, NV February 2018
Schedule Your Rhinoplasty Consultation with Dr. Nease in Manhattan or Brooklyn
If you’re interested in rhinoplasty or another facial cosmetic surgery, please contact Dr. Nease at New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgery Arts in Manhattan at (646) 559-2854 or Brooklyn at (347) 599-0091 to schedule your one-on-one consultation. Our cosmetic surgeons serve patients in surrounding areas of New York City.